Long-term Care Insurance Review
Congratulations! You made a very smart decision to purchase a long term care insurance policy years ago but now you have questions. We’re here to help!
When was the last time you reviewed your policy? You may have questions like:
- What does it cover? Can I get care at home or only in a community – or both?
- How does this policy impact my financial future?
- When should I make a claim and how do I do that?
- How long do I have to need care before my policy will cover my costs (elimination period)?
- Are there a limit on what and how much it covers?
- What about those riders? Inflation, simple interest, compound interest, etc.
LionHeart Eldercare & Consulting will simplify and explain your policy, as well as support and/or initiate the claim for you.
Many people don’t realize that some policies include coverage for ambulance transportation, care management and emergency medical equipment. We will review the policy and provide a summary of the benefits it provides. You’ll understand:
- What is covered
- Your daily rate of reimbursement for home and community care
- When you should initiate a claim and how to do it
- How to make the best use of your own financial resources while in the elimination period of making a claim
- The best time to start initiating a claim
- Any unique features of your policy
We will explain the details of policy so you can best leverage your investment.
Return to top
If you’ve experienced a medical condition that requires help from a home care agency or a move to assisted living, it’s probably time to start using your policy. This may be from an injury or a condition like dementia.
If it’s time to use your claim, we can help you with:
- Gathering the paperwork you’ll need
- Walking you through the step-by-step process of initiating your claim
- Getting the medical assessment you’ll need to support your claim
LionHeart has initiated many long term care insurance claims with a wide variety of insurers. You can rely on our experience to streamline the process and have you receive your benefits as soon as you are eligible.
Return to top